ABOUT All Saints University
On behalf of our All Saints University community, it brings me great joy to welcome you to All Saints University Lango, where excellence is nurtured, pursued and celebrated as we work to create positive change for a better world. We are thrilled to have you with us on campus, and we are excited to help nurture your academic strengths, encourage your personal growth, and inspire your creativity
Outstanding students, staff and alumni, cross-sectoral partners, imaginative teaching, and supporters in government, industry and philanthropy have all combined to position All Saints University Lango in the top echelons of the world's universities.
Our students are engaged in programs that foster curiosity, critical thinking, innovation and professional skills. When they graduate, ASUL students are highly sought after.
ASUL's academic and career opportunities are balanced with a campus lifestyle that is second to none in Uganda, with a great array of sporting, cultural and social choices.
When used cleverly, we know that technology can enhance the on-campus experience. We will continue deploying information gained from our membership of the Massive Open Online Courses consortium to benefit the campus community, not to mention thousands of students around the world, many of whom would not otherwise have the opportunity for a ASUL experience.
All these elements – outstanding teaching, scholarships, support, flexibility and choice in programs, and extra-curricular benefits – come together to create a transformational student experience.
Our students are the emerging leaders who will help shape tomorrow's world and create change.
Generations of students, staff and alumni have built our reputation, and I am confident that ASUL people of today and tomorrow will add to this reputation in the future.
The strength of our reputation will not only benefit future students, but also the boundless global community that will gain from ASUL's knowledge leadership.
There are countless ways for you to get involved and make connections with each other, such as through research and creative projects, student government, campus organizations, interCollege athletics and intramural sports, volunteer work in our community, and much more. I encourage you to take advantage of all that All Saints University has to offer during your time here.
As our campus is closely connected with our surrounding neighborhoods, I also encourage you to engage with our community as good neighbors and good stewards.
We are proud to have you as part of our All Saints University family, and we look forward to seeing you on campus.
WHY CHOOSE ASUL?
Like our students, we are young, ambitious and growing;
- A new and unique option for studying sciences, technology, and management in Uganda;
- A place for bright, mature, and dedicated students;
- A place to embrace the intellectual and practical challenges of a rapidly changing world;
- Direct Degrees;
- An exciting selection of majors
- A large choice of minors;
- Smaller class sizes and more personalized teaching;
- Subjects offering breadth and depth of analysis;
- An attention to practical and adaptable skills;
- A carefully-crafted curriculum;
- Our Professors are chosen from the top universities worldwide;
- An energized, dedicated faculty;
- A world-class university;
- An increasingly vibrant campus culture.
ASUL's Strategic Plan, builds on our current strengths and focuses our energies and resources on the most pressing issues that we are distinctively positioned to address. The structure of the plan encourages multidimensional approaches to achieving significant goals in four areas, or pillars, critical to the University's future.
All Saints University aims to lead the world in research and education. We seek to do this in ways which benefit society on a national and a global scale. Over the period of this Plan we will build on the University's long traditions of independent scholarship and academic freedom while fostering a culture in which innovation plays an important role.
All Saints University's distinctive structure, born of its history, is a source of strength. Its Colleges offer environments which are both supportive to individual scholars and characterised by a defining and enduring sense of community. The personal sense of academic identity that they provide is life-long.
This Plan covers the period 2020-2025. It sets a high-level agenda for the University. We have shaped the Plan to meet the following aspirations:
To develop our capacity to generate and share knowledge in the East Africa, Africa, and globally, ensuring significant contributions to public policy-making and economic growth.
To work effectively with other institutions and organisations, where such partnerships can lead to outstanding research and teaching.
To enhance structures for collaboration across departments, Colleges, and the University.
To fulfil the aims that no potential student should be deterred from applying to All Saints University by financial or other barriers and that no student's success should be hampered by financial difficulties.
To ensure, through a commitment to the personal education of each student, a quality of education and experience which enables students to apply the values, skills, and intellectual discipline they have acquired in their future lives and careers, and which generates a lifelong sense of connection with All Saints University.
To contribute effectively to the cultural, social, and economic life of the city of Lira and Uganda.
To recruit and retain the best academic staff and ensure that under-represented groups have equality of opportunity in recruitment, personal development, and career progression in all areas of employment in the University.
We will monitor progress against our priorities, commitments, and aims using relevant performance indicators, benchmarks, and targets. Through this we will maintain focus on the Strategic Plan, ensuring that it continues to meet academic needs, enables us to respond to the external environment, and is updated as appropriate.
The annual planning and budgeting process will provide the framework for making the Strategic Plan operational at divisional and service level.
THE FOUR (4) PILLARS
To be the leading institution for academic excellence and innovations in Africa.
To provide innovative teaching, learning, research and services responsive to National and Global needs.
The All Saints University Lango Motto is “Diversifying expertise”.
- Build a new organizational quality management system that is appropriate for a large and complex institute.
- To create and sustain relevant, high quality instruction that fulfills the Ugandaese’s needs and carry out research and services in the professional fields that are the developmental priorities for the Ugandaese.
- To diversify the opportunities for students to learn and engage at ASUL in order to support the realization of their academic and career aspirations
- To create state-of-the-art libraries and related learning resources that utilizes all available technology
The following core values guide all that we do:
- Integrity. All our actions and relationships are based on honesty, authenticity, accountability, and trust.
- Global awareness. Achieving diversity within our staff and program participants helps increase mutual understanding of our world and its people.
- Collaboration. Working together creates a better result by tapping into our collective wisdom.
- Professionalism. All our actions reflect on ourselves and our partners. We act and communicate with courtesy, respect and discretion.
- Excellence. Passion, innovation and a commitment to serve drive us to deliver the highest quality work.
- Service.We care deeply about our beneficiaries, sponsors and colleagues and respond to their needs with flexibility, reliability, and dedication.
- Access with Quality.We believe that the ASUL provides an enriching learning environment which meets the needs of its diverse communities through outreach, access, student support systems and a diverse college and staff.
- Building Communities and Partnerships. We believe that our Education System is a catalyst for promoting a seamless educational journey and for nurturing the intellectual and cultural life of the community.
- Economic and Workforce Development. We believe that the ASUL serves as the critical link for economic and workforce development to improve the prosperity of our region through partnerships with business, government, and community organizations.
- Evaluation. We believe that it is essential that the ASUL working separately for local effectiveness and working cooperatively as a single system for efficiency – must regularly assess the impact and outcomes of our efforts for continuous improvement.
- Human Resources: We believe that the most important resources of the ASUL are the individual faculty and staff members, who are entitled to a supportive collegial work environment which rewards excellence, provides opportunities for professional development, encourages meaningful involvement in the decision-making process, and provides excellent compensation.
- Information: ASUL believes that the achievement of the mission and purpose requires an effective system of communication to both internal and external constituencies.
- Leadership: We believe that the ASUL, will build on a solid foundation of growth and service, and will be recognize as a leader in the community college movement in Uganda, making important contributions to the profession through partnerships, innovation, scholarship, creative services, and integrated technologies.
- Learning Communities: We believe that ASUL Education Systems are dynamic learning communities, distinguished by excellence in teaching, allowing citizens to develop to the full extent of their ability, to succeed in a competitive work environment, and to be effective lifelong learners.
- Stewardship: We believe that the ASUL is committed to rigorous stewardship of the resources entrusted to its care to assure maximum benefit for the community.
- Technology: We believe that students achieve their learning goals best as the ASUL provides responsive and effective support services, learning resources, current technologies and information systems.
This philosophy is the conviction that, for human beings to diversify expertise is not solely an ideal, but also a yard stick. It is therefore a firm and considered belief by the University think tank and academic community, that diversification performance is a not undirected to those who are under instruction at All Saints University Lango, but it is also foremost manifested by those entrusted with the duty to instruct. Diversifying expertise is therefore an employment of those chosen to lead and manage All Saints University Lango in all its current and future operations and aspiration. The manifestations of diversification performance are incarnate and multi- dimensional in what we think and in what we do. It circumscribes and perimeters both the vertical and horizontal managerial relationship of All Saints University. Diversification performance obligates and ordains us to always do the best of what we ourselves set out to do, or to do the best of what we are required to do.
Our Key Responsibilities
- Assess, improve and enhance the academic programs throughout the University.
- Develop professional skills both theoretical and practical to meet the requirements of the community.
- Conduct scientific and applied research in order to address the environmental and societal challenges that come with rapid growth and development.
- Encourage and support scientific research in all disciplines throughout the University.
- Present frequent workshops and seminars for the public that will address topics of interest for the local community.
- Train, develop and refine the scientific skills of the students through the numerous centers at the University and at local hospitals.
- Provide premium and professional services to the community.
- Encourage faculty, staff and students to write and publish their academic work.
- Actively participate and contribute to the growth and development of the Ugandaese.
The experience we offer
A vibrant learning environment – fostering innovation and creativity, informed by practice, inspired by research, focusing on the globally relevant areas in which we excel.
We are building the next generation of highly employable global citizens to shape the future.
Our international reputation
All Saints University Lango will be committed on reputation for excellence in professionally relevant teaching and learning and for high quality research.
We will offer various courses; we will place particular emphasis on providing international opportunities for ASUL students in order to ensure that we provide an environment where students can develop skills, competences and knowledge required by the global economy. We will be proud of our history of global relationships and have partnerships across the world – connections striving to strengthen and deepen. Our world-leading research, in partnership with global industry and educational institutions, will have a real impact in the world around us.
- To offer higher education, training and further education programme
- To conduct examination and assessment leading to the award of University Certificates Diplomas, Degrees and other University Titles.
- To provide education that is holistic spiritually, physically, mentally, socially, ethically and culturally.
- To provide an enabling environment for the teaching and learning process.
- To increase human resource capacities to accomplish teaching, research and service missions more effectively.
- To create a culture of intellectual curiosity and research of the highest ethical standards and accomplishment that effectively serves the advancement, health and prosperity of the University and the community at large.
- To develop, expand and sustain modern academic facilities, equipment and related infrastructure in order to serve the requirements of quality instruction, learning, research, service programs, campus life and community outreach.
- To develop entrepreneurial initiatives and business partnerships with the community in order to expand private sector joint investments for future development in Uganda.
- Instill and develop a culture of quality, where all professional activities are recognized, where accountability is ensured and where ASUL's stated goals are achieved at all levels and throughout all departments.
- Provide access and support for all qualified students, while establishing a vibrant and interactive campus environment that leads to an engaging university community that fosters loyalty to ASUL.
- Develop and implement a robust financial planning and management system to serve all academic programs, administrative support and services units.
- To seek and support scholarships for students
- To facilitate student self-appreciation of their talents and beliefs, as well as their ethical values.
- To provide knowledge and skills development to foster and enhance the employ-ability of graduates,
- To provide the necessary resources to students for University education, training, and research.
- To stimulate intellectuals- and cultural development of students.
- To conduct research and facilitate the publication of research papers so as to enlarge the sphere of human knowledge in general and to contribute to ground breaking positive change and innovation.
- To identify, recruit, retain and develop competent academic staff.
- To design develop arc implement innovations marked driven and demand driven courses.
- To source for funds and grants to boost the University infrastructure and capacity to sustain its programs.
- To carry out any other functions as may be permitted by the University council from time to time.