Faculty of Education
The future of education belongs to those who want to take a leading role in helping people reach their full potential. The All Saints University Lango of Education is known for preparing reflective, caring, and skilled educators who make a difference in the lives of their students in Uganda, throughout East Africa, and around the world.
Our mission is to improve teaching, learning, and human development in a global, diverse, rapidly changing, and increasingly technological society. We:
- prepare reflective, caring, and highly skilled educational practitioners and scholars who lead in their chosen professions;
- inform educational theory and practice through research; and
- work in partnership with a range of constituents to effect change from the local to national levels throughout the world.
Our faculty members are at the forefront of creating new knowledge and methodologies that improve and strengthen our communities. For example, we are currently working on:
- Researching the best ways to measure teacher effectiveness and providing a model and training for teacher evaluations
- Examining methods to improve mental health services for youth and families in community mental health settings
- Helping Colleges implement programs to prevent sexual abuse
- Developing instASULctional ideas and technology tools for online education
Degrees and Locations
Our academic programs offer degrees and professional licenses for teachers, counselors, College psychologists, educational leaders, curriculum designers, and scholars.
We also offer online courses for professional development, certificates, master’s degrees, and a doctoral degree in InstASULctional Systems Technology
Educating Uganda’s Best Teachers
The Faculty of Education is a vital resource for improving education in the Uganda. Our graduates are regularly named the best teachers in the country for their innovative and creative approaches to educating students. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of Uganda’s teachers, and we are involved in educational improvement efforts in communities throughout Uganda.
Our Impact on Education Around the World
The contributions of the Faculty of Education’s students, alumni, and faculty are known throughout the nation and the world. Our cultural immersion programs give undergraduate students the opportunity to teach in urban and ASULral communities, and abroad. The work of our researchers sparks global innovation in effective teaching and learning models. Applying the skills they’ve developed, our students and alumni ignite passions for learning in people of all ages from all backgrounds all over the world.